Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Engagement

Owen and I met in March 2005. We were introduced to one another by a friend of ours. We dated for 2 years and were married in June 2007. I love the way our relationship has grown. We went on true dates in the beginning and still make time for them now. Owen and I have great conversations because we can talk about anything. As my closest friends were getting married the one question I would ask them was how did you know that the person you are marrying is the one you are supposed to. The answer would always be the same...which was "you just know". I never understand that until I met Owen. I wanted to marry him several months into our relationship. One of my favorite movies is "When Harry met Sally" there is an older couple in the movie talking about how they knew they would be married. The older women said, "I knew...just like you know about a good melon". I laugh at that now...but I think there is some truth to it. You do...just know.

Owen and I went to Rome, Italy in December 2006 with my family. My brother Adam lives there so we went to spend Christmas with him. It was a wonderful trip. Adam was a great tour guide and we all felt we got to see Rome in a special way. This trip will always be special for Owen and I because we kept our date nights alive there as well. Owen planned a special night for us. We went to a resturant he read about and then we strolled to the Trevi Fountain (the stroll actually did not last long, b/c I was wearing high heels and they kept getting stuck in the cobble stones, so we took a taxi). When we got there we noticed we were one of the only ones there...it felt like the fountain was there for just us. Owen took that moment to ask me to marry him. That moment has changed my life for the better. Here are two picture of us at the fountain.


No comments:

Pageviews last month