Friday, November 14, 2008

I have fallen and can't get up

OK...do you all remember the commercial when the lets say "more mature" people in the world would fall and they could't get up. I think they were selling a device to call 911...anyways I always thought that commercial was funny b/c the acting was terrible. Last night I had my "I've fallen and can't get up" moment. Does this mean I have hit that "more mature" stage of life? Gosh I hope not. Looking back it is funny, even though my ankle is hurting. We have a child gate that keeps Ralphie in the kitchen. Instead of opening the gate when we want to get in or out of the kitchen, we step over it. It is probably 3 feet high. Last night, I was going over the gate with a drink in my hand, and my ankle just gave out. I fell hard and the drink luckily did not spill that much. Owen was amazed that I didn't break the glass as I went down (hard) on my left ankle and right knee. I still think I need to worry that my ankle just gave out. It did not hold me up...that is not good. Ummm the joys of growing older.

1 comment:

Telena said...

Welcome to the Blog world! :) I LOVE it and am so addicted!! I love reading your blogs and Ralphie is so cute. My "newphew" Sam (Jeff's dog) is a golden retriever too and boy do we have some fun!! He'll be 3 in Feb. and is still VERY excited all the time!
Oh and I think we have to face that 30 is just around the corner, so our "fallen" moments are just getting started I'm sure!! :)

Pageviews last month