Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bachelor - Random Thoughts

I am fully disclosing to you all that I am a reality tv junkie. I was not always like this, in fact I think at one point I was against reality tv. I know I was against the bachelor when it first came out. My good friend Dara got me hooked on it. She came to visit me when I lived in Columbus, MS right after college and she was in school at U of Alabama. It just took one show to get hooked to the bachelor. After that I would watch them faithfully. One year I even applied to be on the bachelor (sad I know...but was at a turning point in my life. I was graduating from MSU with no job and no place to live...I was looking for an adventure). As you know I was not chosen and thank goodness for that. It is now 2009 and I am still hooked, even after the horrific final rose ceremony this year I think I will still watch. Why I am not sure? But this year I got a little more involved. I read websites about it and even read the spoiler...which I would not do again. It did ruin it for me. Today, I searched for Jason, Melissa and Molly on facebook. Again a sad state...I did not request them to be my friend. I will not go to that level, even though I think I know them better than I know some of the "friends" I do have on facebook. But still will not befriend them. Back to my original reason for posting today. Why am I addicted to reality tv? I don't have an answer for it, but I thought after the staged, maybe not staged episode from Monday and Tuesday I would not want to watch it. But that is not true...I will watch again to see who Jillian chooses to be her husband.

3 comments:

Telena said...

OMG--you crack me up! I can't say anything b/c I'm a Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars "junkie." I quit watching the Bachelor way back when, but got hooked on Deanna's season, loved Jason and wanted to watch his season. STUPID MOVE on my part!! I was so angry this week! It's really sad and all Grant can do is shake his head at me! I said I'd NEVER watch it again and...after Jillian, I won't! :) I LOVE Jillian and want her to find true love/happiness. Sorry for my soapbox, but I'm right there with ya! :)
Love,
Telena

p.s. I had no idea you "tried" out for the Bachelor!!

Anonymous said...

Don't be ashamed! I love all reality t.v. The trashier the better. I am not ashamed to say... I watch G's to Gents. It's true. :-)

The Campbells said...

I didn't know I got you hooked--yay me! :-) I was pulling for Molly, but I thought what he did to Melissa was crappy. But now she's got a new man, so good for her! And being addicted to reality tv is ok--I'm right there with ya!

Pageviews last month