Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ralphie Dog

For those of you who know me well...you know I am not a dog person, but a cat person. I have always had cats. Little yellow kitties are my favorite. When I started dating Owen he had a golden retriever. That puppy dog (Nugget) changed my opinion on dogs. He was the sweetest dog and won me over quickly. It is safe to say that Owen is a dog person. In Feb. 2008 we decided (with much thought and debate) that we would get a golden retriever. As we were talking about our new puppy (that we had not gotten) we would throw ideas around for the name of our new family member. There were many names, but one day Ralphie popped in my head. Both of us loved the name. We knew we wanted a boy puppy. So Owen started calling around to see where we would get our Ralphie. He finally found a lady on the coast who had Golden puppies ready. She told Owen all about the mom and dad of her puppies. The mom is Maggie and the dad is Ralph. Owen had to tell himself not to get giddy about the Dad's name :) So the upcoming weekend Owen and I went to the coast to get our baby, Ralphie Jr. He was in a litter of 9 and 8 of them were jumping on me and begging for attention. Ralphie on the other hand was cool and laid back. So I picked him. I did not want a dog who would jump all the time or who needed constant attention (I was wrong about both of those characteristics). Ralphie was so good on the way home. I loved being able to hold him (I knew I had to treasure that since he would not be small forever).

Here are pictures of Ralphie on his first day with us.


This is Ralphie at Owen's Parents house.


This is when we picked Ralphie


Ralphie as a newborn (he is the whitest one with the pink face)

No comments:

Pageviews last month