Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Girls Weekend in Natchez

Two weekends ago, my good friend Audrey got married in Natchez. She is from a small town in Mississippi and married a New Yorker. She planned the perfect southern wedding, which included a Southern Antebellum home in a Southern town on the Mississippi River. She also arrived and departed the wedding ceremony on a white horse drawn carriage. It was beautiful to say the least. A perfect fairy tale!

A close group of my friends decided we were going to make her wedding a girls weekend. We left the men at home and we headed southwest! We stayed at an old hotel called the Eloa. We had the best time. We stayed at the wedding from 4:00 to about 9:30...we danced, we ate, and we drank the night away. After the reception we took the trolley back to town. The trolley man dropped us off at Fat Mama's where we ordered the infamous "knock you naked" margaritas. It was a fabulous drink. We then strolled through the town meeting and stopping at the hot spots on the way back to our hotel.

Going to Natchez was fun for me because I was born there. I lived there a year before moving to Mobile. So it was neat to the see the hospital I was born in. I also saw the Cock of the Walk restaurant that my parents still talk about. It was their favorite restaurant in Natchez.

The best part was to be there with good friends. Hattiesburg is such a friendly city. I have been able to make really good connections with people here. This group of friends get together for girl movies such as Sex and the City...we also get together to watch Desperate Housewives. I have really enjoyed our girl nights. Here are some pictures of us in Natchez.


The bride, Audrey


Jami, Fran, Me, Jennifer & Heather


Fran, Me, Audrey, Heather, Jennifer, & Jami

1 comment:

Emily said...

so fun! I especially liked watching all the crazy people on the dance floor!

Pageviews last month