Friday, September 3, 2010

09.02.10 DAY!!!

Yesterday was 90210 day! I wish I had known this sooner. I would have taken the day off from work and watched a marathon of Beverly Hills 90210. Luckily I still get to watch it on the Soap network for Breakfast in Bed on the weekends. Well, that is before I had Andrew and he doesn't sit still long enough for me to watch it. But I do have 3 or 4 seasons on dvd. Oh what a day...I have so many memories of watching this show as a pre-teen wishing I looked like Kelly Taylor.



My neighborhood friend Erin would tape them and we would watch them while playing uno. Those were the days. My next memory is my friend Melanie and I would watch re-runs in the lobby of Callaway Hall as freshmen. It was a 3:00 ritual and I loved every minute of it. During college I had a professor who swore I looked like Donna Martin.



I didn't really take that as a compliment at the time, however in a recent facebook doppleganger week I choose Tori Spelling as the famous person that looks like me. Sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't.

Oh! I had the biggest crush on Dylan McKay...in fact I watched the movie "8 seconds" just because Luke Perry (Dylan) was in it. The funny thing is now when I watch 90210, I don't even think he is cute.



I can't get into the new generation of 90201 that is on now. It doesn't compare to the original. This show truly sums up apart of my adolescents. Maybe that is why I love watching it today. Who knows...but what I do know is I still love this show like I did before reruns!

So happy late 90201 day everyone!!!

Love Erin

1 comment:

Telena said...

There's a "Labor of Love" marathon on Soap Net today of 90210... :)

Pageviews last month