Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Andrew's Baptism

This weekend we had Andrew's baptism. It was everything I hoped it would be. We invited both sides of our family and were lucky enough to have 27 people celebrate with us. I was overwhelmed with love. We went to the 4:00 pm mass on Saturday. My brother was the celebrant. After mass we had the baptism. I was so nervous about how Andrew would handle it. He was a wiggle worm but other than that he was angel. After the baptism we invited everyone over for dinner. It was perfect. Andrew really pulled through and wasn't fussy. In fact his inner social butterfly was born and he laughed, bounced, was passed around the visitors and over all had a wonderful time. In fact he didn't go to sleep until 9:45 pm!!! Actually he did not have a bed time the whole weekend. I was so afraid Monday night he wouldn't go to bed at a "normal" time. Luckily he did. I mainly say luckily because I was exhausted and needed a good nights sleep.

Enjoy these pictures from this special day in our life.


Our family before the baptism








Mommy and Andrew


Owen, Me, Andrew, Godmother Nellie, Godfather Craig and Emma and Ella
(I do have a picture of all of us looking in the same direction, but blogger won't let me upload that one)

3 comments:

melanie said...

Congrats! Wish I could of been there. May God bless Andrew and your family!

Telena said...

Love the pictures! Two years ago that same weekend, Reese was Baptized. God Bless Andrew!

The Hookers said...

Congrats! I know it was special to have Adam presiding at the baptism! Andrew is only a month older than Reed? Why did I think he was so much older? BTW, I loved the letter to younger Erin. Thanks for the shout out!

Pageviews last month