Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet Comments & Birthday Celebrations

I want to start out by saying we have had a really good experience with Andrew's day care. In my ideal world I would not have to send him to day care, but my reality world is different. His teachers are so nice and they tell me stories about Andrew when I pick him up. They also REALLY love my child. Owen keeps asking me if they tell all moms how great their child is, but I just don't think they do. I also talk with the teachers when I drop and pick Andrew up. Yesterday when I was getting Andrew there was a mom touring the daycare. She was in the baby room b/c her son is 6 months old. One of his teachers said, well I am glad Erin is here b/c she is one of our best moms. She is so in tuned with her son. If you have questions you should call her if she doesn't mind because she really seems to have a good balance. I almost started to cry right then and there. There are days when I think I have this balance thing in check and then there are days when I think I have been run over by a big fat bus! But yesterday was a good balance day.

Owen's birthday was yesterday. He woke up to presents and birthday cards. Andrew and Ralphie got him some work clothes and I got him a planned trip to New Orleans. If it doesn't rain the main even in New Orleans is a helicopter tour!!! Owen LOVES helicopters so he is super pumped up about our weekend away. My parents are coming to town to watch Andrew for us. Owen and I met up for lunch yesterday as well. Then at 4 I went to pick Andrew up, we went to get Owen's favorite cookies, went to a Kelly's Kids clothing party, picked up an ice cream cake and then headed home by 6 pm. When we got home we started Andrew's nightly routine and then he feel asleep by 7 pm. At 7:30 Owen's birthday dinner arrived (another gift from my parents). We ordered from an Italian restaurant that DELIVERS!!! We had his birthday dinner by candlelight and enjoyed a nice dinner in the comfort of our home without stress! The day could not have gone any better.

1 comment:

Granny Debbie said...

Owen's birthday plans sound wonderful! I hope you both have a wonderful time. I know your mom and dad will be having a great one with the most precious grandson in the world!

Pageviews last month