Wednesday, June 24, 2009

where do the days go

I can't believe my last post was a week or so ago. Not too much has happened but I decided to write b/c I try to keep this blog up to date.

Tomorrow Owen and I go to the doctor for our monthly check up. Owen is convinced we will find out what we are having tomorrow. I am telling myself it will be next month, but would be so very happy if we did find out tomorrow.

We went to Selma this weekend to see my parents and then Birmingham to visit Owen's brother and his family. They gave us their baby crib and changing table so we picked it up while were there. The baby's room will have a Noah's Ark theme. My mom found a fabulous Noah's Ark rug years ago that she bought and used in the tv room of their house. I have been eyeing it since she got it b/c I thought it would be perfect for a nursery one day. Luckily she gave me the rug so that has sparked the theme of the room. The only other decision we have made is we are getting a Walter Anderson print (the animal 2x2 one) to put above the crib. Everything else I am waiting on until we know what we are having.

Ralphie has turned over a new leaf. He has started acting like a grown up dog. I don't know how to explain it but he is getting more and more freedom and handling it really well. I just love that dog so much. I never thought I would say I loved a dog, but Ralphie has captured my heart. He is so lovable. Owen has had conversations with him about the baby coming. We definitely do not think he understands. He ran away from the baby bed when he brought it into the house. Our little puppy has a lot to look forward to. I think he will be a great furry big brother. He will have a non stop playmate.

Next week we are going to the beach with Owen's family. I can't wait for a mini vacation. I had to break down and buy a maternity swimsuit. I also bought some cover up shorts, but they were too big so I had to return them. :( Yesterday I went maternity cloths shopping and realized that there really is not much out there as far as maternity cloths. So I bought some staple clothing; jean capri's, khaki shorts, a black cotton dress, and a pair of work pants. I also found some shirts at old navy that I liked. They don't make me look bigger than I am but have room to grow in. My belly is definitely rounder than normal.

I put baby munton on two lists for day care. We have decided to put him/her in daycare for the first year. There is so much uncertainty right now in the financial world that Owen and I are being cautious with me not quitting my job just yet. I pray this is truly a temporary arrangement. My life long dream is to be a full time mommie. Owen shares that with me, but we have to be realistic as well.

I think that is all that has been going on in our world. I will write an update after tomorrow's doctor's visit.

1 comment:

Telena said...

I love your new blog look! :)

Pageviews last month