Friday, January 20, 2012

A BIG thank you

I can not write about Sam and Christmas and not document how much my family and friends helped with this hectic time. My parents came through by staying with us for a week. They cooked, cleaned and occupied Andrew while we were in the hospital and at home. With out them I don't think the transition home would have gone very well.

Not only did my family come through - Owen's family was here for us too. They played with Andrew and took him on fun adventures with his cousins. Andrew got to play and get to know his cousins from North Carolina and he still talks about them.

In fact, he developed memories and an actual understanding of his family members during Sam's first week of life.

My friends have also helped us so much. We have been blessed with friends bringing us dinner at night. It seems so simply but it helps in a major way. I don't have to worry with what we are going to eat at night b/c every other day or so we have had a nice hot meal! THANK YOU!!! How did I get so lucky??

You know you have great family and friends but when you need help and help is there without really asking you truly understand the meaning of family and friends. When life gets stressful or overwhelming it is moments like this past month that I reflect on to help me realize life is not too stressful and overwhelming because we are not alone - we have a support system and it is one that I would not trade for anything :)

No comments:

Pageviews last month