Friday, January 20, 2012

New Born Baby Sam




Sam is an angel. How did I get so lucky to have two beautiful, sweet, calm baby boys?? On on hand I think I am in familiar territory with Sam but then on the other hand I feel like I am sinking in a sea of unknown. During the day he is awake for small intervals of time. He eats b/ 1-2 hours. It is more like every hour. I am feeding him on demand which is tiring, but he only cries when he is hungry so I can't let him cry when I know the problem. I am starting to re-read the Becoming Baby Wise book. I am not reading it very fast but I do like having the refresher course. I do not follow the book to the letter but it gives me a good base of knowledge so I feel like I have a clue to what I am doing.

Lately at night he sleeps for 4 straight hours and then when I feed him at 1:30 or 2 am he has a hard time going back to sleep. He is is a very gassy baby and I think his tummy is in turmoil so he has a hard time going back to sleep.

I try to take naps while he sleeping but this does not happen every day. When I do get a nap it makes the night much easier to handle.

Sam did not like his first couple of baths, but now seems to enjoy them. I think he likes the warm water and he definitely loves his "hair" to be brushed. He has dark blond hair on the sides of his head but not much on top of his head.



He seems to be pretty alert and he is strong. He is already lifting his head up some and using his neck muscles. He also pushes off his legs. He was 9 lbs 11 ounces at his 2 week appointment so he is gaining weight at a good pace.

I just can't believe he has been with us for 3 weeks. What a joy he is and I am in love with our new family.

No comments:

Pageviews last month