Thursday, January 5, 2012

Samuel Marshall Munton

My second son is now here with us. He surprised us on Christmas Eve. I could not fall asleep on the 23rd. Owen even made a comment that I looked different right before we went to sleep. I stayed awake watching tv and then finally at 12 midnight I decided to force myself to sleep. An hour later, I was still not asleep. I had to go the bathroom and that is when my water broke. It was surreal. I told Owen and he went into overdrive. We called the hospital and they told us to come so they could check me out. We called Owen's parents and they brought Abby to be here with Andrew. Then we called my parents (at 2:00 am) and they left Selma at 3:00 am. When we got to the hospital I was contracting every minute and a half but I hadn't dilated. Not that any of that mattered b/c I was already going to have a repeat c-section. The doctor on call was not my OBGYN but the anesthesiologist was the same doctor so that put me at ease.

I have to honest that I was very nervous. I remembered different things from this surgery. I can still smell my skin burning from them cutting me, I could hear the doctor stitching me up. I felt the tugging more this time around. I felt them massaging my uterus. I was NERVOUS!!!

Sam came into the world at 4:18 am and he weighed 8 pounds and 13 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long. He did not cry immediately. I also heard them suction his nose and mouth. My senses were definitely over sensitive this time around.

They brought him to me and I thought he looked different than Andrew. Everyone else said he looked just like Andrew. I see that a little bit now. I was so happy to see him alive and healthy. It was a huge sigh of relief for me.

I feel 100% recovered now. The surgery recovery has been so much better this time around. I started to move around quicker, felt more energetic, and definitely more relaxed with Sam. We he is a great eater so there has been no stress there.

What stresses me out now is to make sure I am giving enough attention to both Sam and Andrew. So far I think it has been working out but I am constantly aware of it. I can't pick up Andrew right now b/c I have to wait 2 weeks before I can lift things. When I am given the green light things will definitely feel back to normal.

Normal, what I am saying...nothing is normal right now. We are learning a new normal and one that I feel good about.

Here are pictures of Sam's birthday.








As 2012 begins I feel very blessed and happy.

2 comments:

Telena said...

YAY!!! I've been WAITING for this post! :) (I know you've been busy!) So glad he made here safely and is healthy! So glad you are feeling better and getting adjusted to being a Mommy of TWO!
Love you!

The Campbells said...

I've been waiting too! :-) I love the boys' matching Christmas outfits and Sam's wreath! I know that you're doing an amazing job with both of the boys. So glad you had an easy recovery!

Pageviews last month