Friday, January 20, 2012

25 months old




Andrew is 25 months this month! He is such a character. I love him more and more every day. Some things he is doing now that I want to remember are:

* He is becoming more picky about what he eats - doesn't branch out with anything he hasn't seen before. Still loves hot dogs, cheese, and any fruit.
* The Fireman Sam show on the Sprout channel is his FAVORITE Show. This is the only show that he stares at and actually watches. He will sit through the whole episode - which is only 10 minutes long.
* He tells us what he does at school. The other week they were learning about police officers and they had a police car come to the school. When I picked him up he told me about the car and that he turned on the lights. I was amazed by this detail. The next day I asked his teacher if Andrew did turn on the lights in the car and she said he did. In fact all the kids did. Each kid got a turn to sit in the front seat and touch all the buttons. What a fun day and I love that Andrew shared that story with me.
* Yesterday I fixed the sun screen on Andrew's side of the car. When he got in the care after school he said "daddy fixed it" - pointing to the screen. I said "no mommy fixed it" and Andrew argued with me and we had a good laugh about how Daddy had to be the one to fix that and not mommy. However later that night I was telling Owen the story and he asked Andrew who fixed the screen and Andrew said Mommy did. So our conversation in the car stuck with him :)
* He has the best memory.
* He knows his ABC's and has said them from start to finish once. He usually says them until k and gets side tracked.
* He understands counting and I think he knows numbers 1-10. But he has not counted all the way to ten on his own.
* He loves going to church. He points out churches in town. He goes with me on Sundays and is the best little boy. We sit in the back so he can be near the choir. He likes to see them sing. He does bring a toy (or 3) to church to occupy him. He loves to sit on my lap and he sometimes copies the priest - especially right before communion when the priest holds up his arms to pray.
* He is so sweet to Sam. Sam is on his radar and he asks about him. He likes when Sam is awake but doesn't know what to do with him when he is awake. I love that he is aware of him and is so sweet to him. It makes this momma very happy.
* His favorite toys are still fire trucks, trains, buses, and balls.
* Two weeks ago Owen took Andrew to target so Sam and I could sleep. Andrew saw firetruck he wanted and had a melt down b/c Owen did not buy the firetruck for him. He cried "firetruck, target" all the way home. In fact, he talked about that firetruck for a week. One of his friends gave him a target gift card for his birthday so we decided to take him to Target the next weekend so he could get the firetruck with his "money". Well true to form Owen couldn't find the fire truck he was talking about for a week. So Andrew was able to pick a new fire truck and he picked a big one that had a jaws of life part attached to it. He played with it the whole time we shopped. When we are in the check out line, he tells us he doesn't want this fire truck anymore. So we go back to the toy aisle and he picks a new fire truck (smaller, cheaper one) and picks out mickey mouse cars and buses (toy - matchbox type cars). Andrew definitely played that system well...:)

This is such a fun stage for Andrew. I never knew 2 could be such an adorable age. I just love it!

1 comment:

The Campbells said...

Isn't this the best age?? They are such little people now! :-)

Pageviews last month