Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Listening to the oldies

One of my childhood memories that sticks out the most to me is my dad driving my brother and me to school in the mornings. My dad always listened to the oldies station on the radio. If my memory is correct, I don't remember complaining about the oldies, because there were some good songs that would come on the radio. We would even sing along to some, especially if it was "My Boyfriend's Back", "It's My Party, I'll Cry if I Want To", or "Chantilly Lace". These are songs that I think of as the "oldies". Fast forward 20 years and I am now in a car with my husband and child coming home from the beach listening to the 80's and singing at the top of our lungs "Love Shack". All of a sudden Owen looks at me and says, "You know we are now those people that listen to the "oldies" with our kid in the back seat"! Wow! Talk about a wake up call! Is the music from the 80's and 90's now the "oldies"??? What a funny thought? Somehow I don't think our generations "oldies" will be as classic as my dad's. Anyways, just one more reminder that life is different, but different in the best way possible!

No comments:

Pageviews last month