Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I didn't intend for this be a long post, but it is...

2010 is proving to be a year of difficulties for the Munton Family. Not huge difficulties, but life just isn't as "easy" as it once was. Here are some examples of life in the Munton house since 2010:

1. Our roof...it has leaked since Hurricane Katrina. The bucket we put in the attic to catch the water came crashing down our bedroom ceiling over Christmas. We had to call not one, not two, but three roofers to come fix it. This is also after Owen and my Dad worked on it as well. One of the roofers ripped us off so badly that Owen reported him to the Better Business Bureau (yes, we were that upset). However, three months and gallons of rain later our roof is fixed.

2. Well our illnesses...but I am tired of complaining about that one. At the moment we are well. Andrew is still on his antibiotic, which he takes very well. I am so glad they make baby medicine taste good. He loves it.

3. I don't think I blogged about this one but two weeks ago as I was driving home from getting Andrew a golf ball hit my windshield. We do live in a neighborhood with a golf course, so a golf ball hitting a window may not be that out of the norm...but it scared me to death. It was loud and it "shattered" my windshield. OK, by shatter I mean it was a big enough crack for me to insist we get it fixed. The crack on was the driver's side and was bad enough that the crack would spread over time. I didn't see who hit the golf ball, because the golfers weren't close enough to me. Owen thought I should have stopped, but what was I going to do if I stopped??? I just kept driving. Well the saga doesn't end there b/c nothing is "easy" anymore. We went to a local glass company who promised to put in the correct windshield. We got my car back the same day but realized there is now wind noise and they tore the inside fabric while they were getting the cracked windshield out. Today (2 weeks later) they are fixing my car. The fabric part is fixed and now they are trying to find and seal the hole causing the wind noise. I am 80% confident that my car will be returned to me without any more problems.

4. Last but not least...my tooth!!!! It has hurt since I got this temporary crown. I have had to take so much Motrin just to relieve the pain. I wake up in the middle of night b/c my tooth was hurting. I could feel this foreign object in my mouth. It felt like I had a concrete rock in my mouth. This weekend I had enough and called my dentist yesterday. The hygienist filed the temp crown and now my bite is better. I no longer feel the concrete rock in my mouth. They said they way I was biting was like me hitting my finger with a hammer (which would hurt). The dentist said we made my tooth mad and the nerve endings are reacting to the trauma of the crown. He said it could take months for those nerves to calm down. Again...life just isn't "easy". I thought getting a crown was going to eliminate pain, but I have more pain now than I did before.

On the upside, our sweet baby is just growing and learning so much every day. I miss him terribly during the day and love cuddling with him when we get home at night. I love weekends more now b/c we get to plan fun things for Andrew to do with us. It is amazing how a child can bring such joy and happiness to our lives. Andrew wakes up with a smile and goes to sleep with a smile. Even though life has its troubles and things don't work out easily, we have a good life. I feel blessed every day! You know we are in the Lenten Season and I usually try to do something during lent that will better my life and me spiritually. This year I have had a hard time concentrating on Lent but this past Sunday at Mass I realized that my life would not be where it is with out the love of Jesus Christ. This is another area of my life that I have felt very blessed because I feel like I have always had a great relationship with Jesus. I pray to him every day and thank him for the good things in my life. I know I have this positive relationship because of my parents. Growing up I didn't understand why we went to church every Sunday and I didn't like memorizing prayers. But it was that foundation that helped me get involved in youth groups as a high school student and volunteer with the youth group as a college student which in turn taught me the reasons why having Jesus and church in your life is a priority. There is a point to all of this...as I was sitting in church realizing that this Lenten Season is ending before I have done anything to prepare for Easter it hits me...I may not have given anything up for Lent and I didn't promise myself to do something better with my life, but I am introducing Church and Jesus to my son and I felt really good about that on Sunday.

Yes, life isn't "easy" anymore, but you know I have more now in my life than I ever had when it was easy. I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments:

Pageviews last month