Monday, March 23, 2009

I miss Oprah and Friends

Just three years ago I started to subscribe to XM radio. Oprah and friends quickly became my favorite station to listen to. I never really heard Oprah, but some of my favorites were Dr. Oz, Rabbi Schmuli (SP? wrong spelling on that one), the Petes (even though I think the Rabbi and the Petes aren't on anymore), Dr. Robin and Dr. Laura Berman (sp?). I used to like Gayle King, but since Obama came on the scene her comments have gone all towards him and that is annoying. Anyways, I felt like I learned something everytime I listened to the channel. It is amazing how you can be addicted to something you have had for such a short time. I recently got a new car (great news...and so fun) but it did not come with XM. It came with Siruis. This was no problem b/c Siruis and XM have merged and I am going to get the same channels - well I was wrong. Yep, wrong...apparently there is a package called the best of XM. Owen and I decided it would be worth while for me to get it since I listen to it everyday. I am also a huge MSU fan and like to hear all their games on SEC sports on XM. I called Siruis to get my best of XM and realized my car's Siruis doesn't get those channels. WHAT??? Yep, since we bought a pre-owned, low miles 2006 vehicle I don't get the best of XM channles. I could not believe this news. I kept asking the person on the phone if she was correct. I was clearly in denial. I actually still am in denial b/c now I am having a hard time figuring out what to listen to. I still have my country channel and I have found Siruis has a Catholic channel. That is actually an ok channel. Not a complete substitute for my talk radio, but I am learning to get used to it. I thought the Martha Stewart channel would be like Oprah, oh was I wrong about that. She has a terrible channel. Her hosts do not interact with you at all, it is more like I am ease dropping on their conversation. I did only listen for a day, so I may have heard bad segments, but it was enough for me to take her off the preset list.

So I have had to say good bye to Oprah and my best of XM for now. I know I will be ok and life will go on. But it still amazes me how used to something I could get and when it is taken away, how much I miss it. Life!

2 comments:

melanie said...

They also took the E! Entertainment Channel away : ( I feel your pain

Whitney said...

I listen to Sirius at work and enjoy the 90s on 9 or the 60s on 6. And when kids come around, the kids channel plays fun music too.

Pageviews last month