Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Special Day to Me

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday was one of my favorite times of the year - St. Patricks Day!!! It is also my special day. If you don't know, when I was younger my brother came up with the idea for each member of the family to pick a day out of the year to celebrate as our special day. He at the young age of 4 or 5 thougth it was not fair you were "stuck" with a birthday. My mother who loves to celebrate birthdays thought this was a wonderful idea, so special days in the Rust family was born. I picked St. Patrick's Day b/c of my name and it was in the spring and we are part Irish. My Dad called me, my mom email me, and my brother called from Rome to wish me a Happy Day! Two of my good friends from the Columbus days even remembered my special day on my facebook page (thanks JRoe and Lynn). I worked out in the morning and then my friend Audrey had the girls over for dinner so Owen and I did not see each other much at all (really 30 minutes). In that 30 mintues though he brought me flowers and petifores so we can celebrate a little before I left for the girls night. They were very good. After that I headed to my friend Audrey's! She cooked a wonderful dinner and we enjoyed good friends and Irish music. It was a very fun day and perfect special day!

Here are some pictures of the day :)



flowers Owen brought home for me


Audrey, Fran, Me, Jennifer, Heather and Jami


Fran and Me (I am wearing my authentic Irish Drinking Team shirt, that I got in Ireland. I pull it out special for this day)


Heather, Jami, Audrey, and Jennifer


Ralphie even enjoyed St. Patricks Day with his "Bark if you are Irish" Bone. He is so funny b/c he knew that was his bone even though I did not make a big deal about giving it to him. I wanted Owen to give it to him so he would have something to play with that night, but I also wanted a picture of him. I put the bone up when I left for Audrey's in the living room. Owen said when he got home Ralphie went straight to the table where the bone was and would not leave until Owen gave it to him. It is strange, but Ralphie does know how to communicate with us.

I hope you all had a great day of wearing green!

No comments:

Pageviews last month