Thursday, January 29, 2015

2014 Recap

This will be last post for 2014. Even though it is now 2015...almost February too. Time definitely moves fast. The boys are getting so big. I have said that so many times since their births, but now it is different. Andrew is a smart boy who is changing by the day. His thoughts and questions are ones he truly thinks about. He has feelings and things make him happy and sad in a new way now. We have real conversations about school and friends and his feelings. Yes, half the time I am not sure he knows what he is talking about, but he is so confident in his words that it is interesting. Bed time for him is different now. We still read two books and all of that but saying good night is a little sweeter now with him for some reason. I can't pin point it, but it is one of my favorite moments of the day.

2014 was hard for me personally. Owen changed jobs and that brought some excitement and stress as he said good bye to Magnolia State Bank. 2014 just seemed to be difficult. Nothing really came easy - not that life is easy, but in my head and in my bubble of life it was hard. I am still worn out from 2014. It had such promise and I guess it did live up to that with Owen getting a new job. This new job is going to be good for him and our family. But the heart ache of last year is still vivid for me.

Samuel is proving to be a hard child to parent. He drains me on a daily basis. He is sweet and his cuddles are the best. But he says no to everything. Nothing motivates him. He chooses not to listen 90% of the time. And I have given into him since he was an infant so now that I know he is old enough to understand me and now that I am trying to old firm with him - it is hard. I walk away so many times with him because I don't know what to do. He is much more independent than Andrew. Samuel wants to do everything himself. Which will be great in the long run but now in the here and now - it can be frustrating. But it is not all hard. He is so loving. He is the best cheerleader. He will give you so much encouragement. I love him so much.

I am glad that a new year is here. I pray everyday that happiness is filled in our life. But there is sadness all around us. In the boys prayers at night and in my own prayer - we pray for health and happiness for our friends and family. As people we know are facing very difficult health situations those words mean more to me than ever.

Again...glad to see 2014 in the past and hope for good things in 2015.

No comments:

Pageviews last month