Monday, July 16, 2012

Rainy Day = Movie Day

Saturday Aha and Mick called to see if Andrew wanted to go to the movies. Owen said sure, he would love that. When he told me, my heart sank. Of course I want him to spend time with his grandparents and it was a rainy day and perfect for a movie. But I wanted to be there with him when he went to the movies for the first time. So Owen called his mom up and we invited ourselves along for the adventure. Aha and Mick did not mind us tagging along and it made it a special memory day.

We went to see Madagascar 3. Andrew loved it. He got gummy bears and shared Mick's popcorn. He sat for the whole movie and talked about it all weekend.





After the movie we went and had lunch then Andrew rode with Aha and Mick home. I am so glad Andrew enjoyed it and that we all went together. Even Sam joined in the fun. So at 6 1/2 months - Sam enjoyed his first movie too. He watched the first half and then fell asleep the 2nd half of the movie - what a trooper.

Definitely a fun weekend and now we know Andrew can go to the movies :)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I felt the same way about Alex watching his first movie. His aunt wanted to take him for his 3rd birthday but I wanted to be there for his first time. So, we took him before she did. Also, Cooper's first movie was at 7 months and Emma Claire's was at 1 month. Each one earlier than the last.

The Campbells said...

So fun! Caroline did awesome when we went to see Brave. I think we're going to see Madagascar next!

Pageviews last month