Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thankful for Grandmoms

I had hoped to write a wonderful loving Valentines Day post about Andrew's 2nd Valentines. We had a Mommy and Me party and a school party...but the day did not go as planned. Andrew started feeling sick Sunday night and I had hoped he would be fine in the Monday morning light. We proceeded with our day but I quickly realized he was still not feeling well. We left Mommy and Me during the party and went straight home. I stayed home with Monday but had to be back at work on Tuesday. Owen took the Tuesday shift and this is when we realized Andrew had pink eye!!! Luckily one of the moms in Andrew's day care sent me a text to check on him. This is when I learned 4 of his classmates had pink eye. We called his pediatrician and the nurse called in drops for him. We also called my mom to see if we could pull out the BIG favor card and have her come to Hattiesburg to stay with Andrew the rest of the week. We didn't want him to go back to school this week so he could fully rest and get over the pink eye. This morning he woke up better. A lot less eye crust. Hopefully he is on the mend and my mom and Andrew can have a fun few days together. I am so THANKFUL for family and for Grandmoms!!

3 comments:

Granny Debbie said...

There is no doubt that Andrew is triply lucky in parents and grandparents. Your mom is the best, no doubt--and I'm sure she is having a good time with that handsome little man!

The Campbells said...

Poor little guy! Definitely thank goodness for Grandmoms! I'm sure your mom was very excited to have some 1 on 1 time with your little man.

Telena said...

Love, Love, Love Grandmoms!! :) Wouldn't know where I'd be without Reese's. Hope he's feeling better!!

Pageviews last month