Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Has it been that long?

Last week was a whirlwind week. Andrew developed an ear infection on Tuesday that left him so helpless and sad. Owen and I did not hesitate to take him to the doctor to get him back to his friendly and happy self. But it was a long week because I had planned to go to Columbus, MS to visit my college friends at the W. With Andrew being sick I thought I might have to cancel my trip. I was anxious about that b/c I didn't know how Andrew was going to bounce back. Luckily he did and everything went on as planned.

This past weekend marked the 10th anniversary that I pledged a social club. Confused? Well I went to a small university and we did not have sororities we had social clubs. There were two types of clubs...one was a four year club that you pledged as a freshman and the other was a two year honorary club that you pledged as a junior. This past weekend focused on the two year club. There were 13 of us in the club and 10 came back for the reunion. We had a great time. It was fun to catch up and visit with each other. Most of us have small children so it was nice to hear stories of their kids and ask advice about certain things related to parenting. I have to say this was one of my favorite visits back to the W.

Not only did I get to visit with my friends who pledged with me, but I got see some other friends that I graduated with. We went to lunch with 8 other friends and had a great time seeing what they had been up to. I wish I had taken a picture...but didn't even think about it. My good friend from my freshman year in college, Telena took a picture of us... I will have to get it from her.

Here are some pictures of the weekend.


This is a picture of me and my nine pledge sisters that came in town for the weekend.


This is a picture of my pledge sisters and big sisters in the social club


McCall (my little sister) and me

Over all it was a great weekend and I still can't believe it has been 10 years since college.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Telena said...

It was such a fun weekend! I had a GREAT time! I'm SO GLAD we got to hang out and visit at lunch. I missed seeing Casey!
We'll have to plan a get together one weekend soon!! Miss you lots!

The Campbells said...

I wish the weekend could have been longer! It was so much fun pretending to be 21 again!

Pageviews last month