Thursday, November 4, 2010

11 Months Old

Yesterday my baby boy turned 11 months old. I can't believe it has been 11 months since he joined our family. He is growing and changing so fast that it is hard to keep up. I am busily planning for his birthday party which is in one month!!! I decided to do it big for his 1st year. I am just too excited and emotional to let his one year come and go without a big fuss. I prayed long and hard for him and I want to celebrate this day.



As you can see my sign is not making it in the pictures anymore.

Facts about Andrew:
* He loves to play and playing peek a boo is becoming a favorite game
* He is eating 3 meals a day and drinks four formula bottles. Today we tried a sippy cup with formula to start transitioning away from the bottle.
* He still likes most foods but is becoming more opinionated on what he doesn't like.
* I have started to give him more table food and foods that he can feed himself. This seems easier than me trying to feed him with a spoon b/c he now wants to bat the spoon away from me or grab the spoon.
* He is starting to stand on his own but not for long. I think when he realizes he is not holding onto something is when he falls down. However, he falls down very gracefully.
* He can say bye-bye appropriately. He is not consistent with it but does say it more than not.
* He claps when you ask him to and can give you a high five. We are teaching him to give hugs now.

This month I am going to work on getting us on a dinner time meal schedule. Since Andrew is eating more table food I think I am going to switch it up and give him a snack after school and then a "meal" when we eat dinner. This will probably push his bedtime back 30 minutes or so...so we will see how successful I am with it.

Again, he is changing so much but I have loved every minute of it.

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Campbells said...

Happy 11 months day, Andrew!!

Granny Debbie said...

Love those pictures! I'm glad to read your updates, too. I only wish I had consistently filled out Becky's baby book like this!

Pageviews last month