Monday, August 2, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

Owen and I went to New Orleans this weekend for his birthday. My parents came to Hattiesburg to watch Andrew. They had fun watching him and we had a nice weekend away. Owen's birthday gift was....



A helicopter tour that is :) Owen LOVES helicopters so I got him a tour of New Orleans. We got a birds eye view of the Mississippi River, places the hurricane flooded, downtown, the superdome (at eye level). It was a great experience for both of us.


A shadow of the helicopter

After our tour we went to lunch on Magazine Street. We went to a pizzeria and sat at the window so we could people watch. Then we went to a local bike shop and Owen bought a new bike. He recently sold a bike so he wanted to replace that one with a new bike that he can ride on or off the road. The new bike has medium tires for him to ride to work easier.

Then the other high light of our trip was going to dinner at the Chef John Besh's Restaurant August. To say this meal was good is an understatement. It was one of the BEST meals I have ever eaten. I am very plain when it comes to food but I told my self I was going to branch out with this meal. We ordered the chef tasting menu and I got mine with the wine pairing. It was delicious.


A picture of us before date night

On Sunday we woke up early like we always do. I was hoping to sleep in but that didn't happen, so we got ready, went to eat at Cafe Du Monde, went to church and then headed home to see our sweet baby boy.

It was such a good, relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I was exhausted yesterday from all the fun...so that tells you what a positive weekend it was. :)

1 comment:

Telena said...

Yay for weekend getaways and celebrations!! :) Glad y'all had a great time. Love the picture of you two--very cute! :)

Pageviews last month