Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I joined

I joined the band wagon for making my own baby food. I started out small with carrots and apples. I got the steamer and the food processor as well ice trays. Saturday I steamed and pureed. Tonight, Andrew will eat my first attempt at healthy carrots. It wasn't hard. It was quite simple actually. But it reaffirmed to me that I am ignorant in the kitchen. Why does the kitchen intimidate me? Why does cooking healthy, well balanced meals throw me into a tizzy? Why can't I like all vegetables instead of the starchy vegetables only? How am I going to teach my son to eat his veggies if I don't eat mine? I have had panic attacks over this.

I will updated on how tonight goes with the carrots...

Love Erin

2 comments:

Granny Debbie said...

Don't stress! Just keep trying the "baddies" with new ways of cooking. It took a long time for me to learn to like veggies, too!

You're a great mom, Erin! I'm so proud of you and Owen!

melanie said...

Trust me, I worry about the same things! Before I had Luke, I used to laugh at the idea of having to "hide" vegetables in my child's food (i.e. the Jessica Seinfeld book) because "any child of mine is going to learn to love vegetables." Well, I spent Sunday evening grating and chopping vegetables to hide in Luke's food. Fortunately, Luke loves the turkey burger "sliders" with the surprise carrots, broccoli, and peas : ) You and Andrew will be fine and you will figure out what works for him.

Pageviews last month