Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

This was a great weekend. Both Owen and I had a three day weekend for Memorial. We decided to stay at home so we could really relax and recharge our batteries.

This past week was my 30th birthday (Wednesday the 20th). I definitely do not feel any older than I did a week or so ago. Owen made my day very special. Let me first tell you that he played the "I'm not listening to you routine" when I would talk about my birthday. Well he did listen and did everything I was hoping for. He got me a ring I had been wanting since Christmas (which completely caught me off guard). He ordered an ice cream cake for me (cookies and cream) and we enjoyed a nice dinner out in downtown Hattiesburg. It was a low key birthday but it was in the middle of the week, so low key was perfect.

For the three day break we slept in, did little chores, and played with Ralphie. It was a great family weekend. On Sunday, Owen's sister Abby and her boyfriend Russell had a shrimp boil at the Munton's. Russell and Abby did a great job! It was fun being with family and celebrating Memorial Day.

This Thursday Owen and I go to the doctor to see if we can hear our baby's heartbeat with the doppler sound machine. I think I am between 11 and 12 weeks right now. I get confused because some websites tell me I am 12 and others say I am 11. I counted in my calendar and I will be 12 weeks next week. My due date is December 9th. I hope we aren't too early to hear the heartbeat. I would like to be able to rest a little that our baby is progressing like he or she should be. I bought the Baby Wise book yesterday and a baby journal. I want to make sure I document everything with this pregnancy and with our baby's life. My mom did such a good job with that. It is fun to go home and read what she wrote about me during my baby days.

I hope you all had a nice 3 day weekend as well.

2 comments:

The Campbells said...

Where did you get your journal? I've been looking for one.

heatherclardy said...

OK, So I didn't realize that you were pregnant. Congrats. You will be a fabulous mommy. I need to check blogs more often, so I can find out amazing news like this! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!

Pageviews last month