Monday, April 8, 2013

Re-Decorating

I have not really liked the way Andrew's room was set up. We had his bed to the side wall mainly to make sure he didn't fall off. But that made everything in the room off centered to me and that bothered me. I wanted to move his bed to the middle of the room underneath his Walter Anderson and then I wanted to get a book shelf so we can store his books better as well as let me put pictures on the top shelves. :) So this weekend we worked to make that vision come true.

Andrew's room

We went to Charles Phillips in Theodore. It has become our favorite furniture store. We love antiques and this is the mecca of antique stores. They get containers from Europe and have 3 or more warehouses full of furniture. We spent two hours there shopping and then the last 10 minutes buying 3 pieces of new furniture for our house!!!

Along with the book case for Andrew's room; we bought a coffee table and end table.
While Owen and I shopped the kids had a ball playing in the dirt and finding sticks that become fishing poles. :) Our boys were great and humored us while we shopped. They did get rewarded with Strawberry milkshakes. It was a win, win for all of us.




Sam fell asleep immediately on our way home. Andrew didn't not take a nap at all except for a 10 minute one.
It was a very fun and productive weekend. My favorite kind. We love updating and improving our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should come decorate my house...I'm in a funk with it!

Pageviews last month