Thursday, May 20, 2010

I didn't need the calories anyway

It is no secret that I love sweets...actually I love chocolate. I get it honestly from my mother. My dad loves chocolate too and when he turned 40 he became allergic to it. I tell you if that happens to me...just kill me with a chocolate knife because life will not be worth living. With all of that said...today is my birthday. I am 31 years old. Owen actually said I am 29 because in his mind after you turn 30 the next year you turn 29 and then 30 and then 29 and then 30...so basically you never get any older than 30. I am going with that logic. I have plans tonight to meet up with some girlfriends and go to a painting class. We are going to paint a paisley cross on canvas. I have been wanting to take this class for a long time and can't wait for tonight. Since I have plans tonight, Owen took me to lunch. I wanted to go one place for their dessert only. They have the best brownie a la mode. My mouth is craving it as I write this post. At 11:00 I go pick Owen up and off we go to the restaurant. My plan is to order a salad so I will have room for dessert. This brownie dessert is the topic of conversation the whole time we are at the restaurant. Then I notice we have been sitting at the table for 30 minutes and then another 15 minutes before we could get the attention of our waitress. She must have forgotten us. I ordered a salad and Owen ordered a cheeseburger. These are not complicated meals and we ordered them immediately. Along with that we were the only 2 sets of people in the restaurant when we got there. So 45 minutes later the waitress tells us she has no idea why it is taking so long for our food. Then the management gets involved. Owen and I hate to complain but I had to get back to work and I had no time to eat my salad when I did get it much less the brownie I had been talking about for an hour! My only conclusion to this birthday lunch outing is that the calorie gods were trying to tell me something. I just wish those gods would tell my taste buds to get over it...b/c I still want my birthday brownie.

1 comment:

Telena said...

Happy Birthday!!! I LOVE Owen's idea...sweet, we are 29 again!! haha
Hope you have fun tonight!
Love ya!

Pageviews last month