Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Active Week

This week has been filled with fun activities and it is not even over yet! How lucky are we?

Saturday night we tried rice cereal with Andrew. He LOVED it...in fact he got so excited that he threw the bowl of cereal on the ground. This is the first of many messy dinners in our future. Here are a couple of pictures of him in his new high chair.





Monday I got to hang out with one of my closest friends, Melanie. She was on the MS coast visiting her family so Andrew and I drove down to visit with her and her son Luke for a couple of hours. I feel so blessed that our boys will be able to visit and hopefully become great friends. I can just see Luke spending a week with his friend Andrew in Hattiesburg and Andrew going to NJ for a week. What fun these little men will have and I know his mom and I are going to enjoy every minute of watching them grow up. Here is a picture of the future best friends.



While I was down on the coast I got to also visit with a friend from Hattiesburg. Her husband and I used to work together at USM and they just moved to Gulfport. She had a sweet little boy 3 weeks ago. It was fun meeting him and visiting with a new mom.

Tuesday was a fun day for me! I got my hair cut, colored, and eye brows waxed. I feel like a new person! HA..

Today was mommy and me. We had to miss last week b/c of Andrew's ear infection. But we were back today and having a blast. Andrew is starting to interact and recognize his name, so the songs we sing using his name are fun. He looks around at the other kids and smiles and coos. It is so fun to be able to take him to this class. It is a joy for me.

Tomorrow we are going swimming with our new friend Brantley. I can't wait to see the two of them in the water. Andrew likes bath time. He is kicking his feet and he stares at himself in the mirror. We are still in the infant tub b/c he can't sit up on his own for a long period of time. He is sitting up and knows how to do it, but his balance is a little wobbly right now. Since he likes bath time, I am anticipating him really liking the pool.

Then on Friday I have lunch with my girlfriends from Southern Miss. I still keep in touch with my old co-workers and we get together for lunch quite a bit. I can't wait to catch up with them.

So this has been one active week and I have loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Pageviews last month