Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our Baby Shopping Experience

Owen and I went to Jackson this past weekend to register for baby things and to figure out what kind of stroller and car seat we want to get. We went to Cullen's Play Pen in Jackson which was a great idea b/c the owner was so knowledgeable on strollers and we got to touch and play with the strollers to get a true idea of how they worked. We decided on the Peg Perego stroller and infant carrier in Moka (b/c I believe the car seat should match the interior of your car). My parents are going to get us the stroller - YIPPEE!!! Because baby products are so expensive.

After the play pen we went to Babies R Us...what an experience! I was so overwhelmed that I wanted to read every little thing. Owen could take about 30 minutes of that so we started to get a little faster through out the store. I really don't know what we registered for or that we will get any of it...but I think it was helpful b/c at least I know what I want and the store keeps it on file for me :)

Owen painted Andrew's room this weekend as well. It is a bright sky blue. The color is different than what we thought it would be, but we like it so we aren't changing it. I am going to look for fabric this weekend for his bedding. Things are coming together for his room. I also found a lamp at Toys R Us that I think will work well in his room.

I am having another moment when I know Andrew will be here soon (4 months) but at the same time thinking 4 months will never get here. I sure do wish we had an ultrasound at every doctor's visit. I love seeing him.

2 comments:

melanie said...

I checked out your registry... you will love the sleep sack and swaddle me -- we have really used ours. I also got the diaper caddy -- it is great and keeps everything handy and organized. Do you have or have you heard of the book "Happiest Baby on the Block?" It teaches you how to sooth a crying newborn -- the technique is amazing! I have the DVD -- if you don;t already have it I will send it to you -- it is a must have!

The Campbells said...

I'm going to look at your registry right now! We registered on Saturday. Fun and overwhelming, even though I had been there before to plan for it! John talked me out of getting everything pink, just in case our next one is a boy. He was right, but it was really hard!

Pageviews last month