Thursday, July 9, 2009

Funny Dreams

This morning Owen woke up to tell me he had a dream that we were watching an LSU baseball game during Christmas. That is an odd dream in itself, because we don't watch baseball and we don't cheer for LSU. However, I said I was dreaming I was 9 months pregnant watching Legally Blond 2. Another odd dream b/c I have not seen Legally Blond 2. But the ironic part and I think very sweet one is we were both dreaming about December...which is when our baby will be here.

I had a prenatal massage yesterday. It was amazing. I just don't realize how tight my muscles are. I definitely need to pick up an exercising sport. When I was lifting weights I could tell my shoulders were alot more loose. But now that I don't do that anymore the knots in my back have returned. I keep telling myself I am going to go swimming after work...but today I conveniently forgot my bathing suit.

I am still on the hunt for maternity clothes. I don't think I am big enough to wear maternity shirts, but definitely need the pants. I am having such a difficult time shopping for this. Which is so out of the norm for me. I love shopping but when I try on the maternity clothes I get depressed. I don't know...it is hard to explain. I know I am getting bigger and I want to get bigger. Heck I am a big boned person not being pregnant so you would think this wouldn't bother me, but it does. When we went to the beach we stopped at the outlet mall to see if they had other options. I found a shirt but nothing else. It was quite disappointing. Yesterday, I went to a local baby store that carries maternity clothes. I did find a pair of pants and another bathing suit. The bathing suit I got an Old Navy really made me self conscience at the beach this past weekend. My cover up was NEVER far way. In fact I even wore it in the ocean one day. Today at lunch at I went to Kohls (thanks to my mother in law, she told me they had maternity clothes) and noticed their maternity section is quite small. I did get a couple of undershirts and one other shirt. I didn't try them on, so we will see if that purchase is a keeper. Once my belly is bigger maybe I won't feel so discouraged with shopping for maternity cloths.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Erin, I feel your pain. I cried the first time I tried on a pair of maternity jeans early in my pregnancy. My favorite maternity clothes were Gap. They carried them at the Gap outlet in Foley. At the doctor's office yesterday, I saw a lot of pregnant ladies wearing maxi dresses and they looked adorable with the pregnant bellies.
Good luck with the search!

Claire said...

Do you have a Motherhood Maternity store? They have the best pants there--"Secret Fit Belly". The belly panel is like thick hosery material--very comfortable. I wore them for several months after baby, too.

The Campbells said...

Trust me, I'm right there with ya. I got some shirts from Old Navy and they are huge!! It's really hard to find shirts, but my boobs have gotten so big, I needed some new ones. Thank goodness for maternity pants though. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the weight gain too. Especially since it seems to be going to my butt and hips more than my belly...

Pageviews last month