Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Boy Andrew

It is official Owen and I are having a baby boy. WOW! There are so many emotions in me right now. On the way to pick Owen up for the appointment I started crying. I kept telling myself to keep it together b/c I would see his parents and co-workers at work. Then when we got in the car I cried again. This day has been on our mind since we found out we were pregnant. This was the big reveal. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about the appointment. I compare it to Christmas morning as a young child. So much anticipation, nerves, and other feelings I can't even describe. We have a wonderful doctor and go to a wonderful facility so we were seen immediately. The ultrasound tech is nice (not very talkative, but nice). She explained what we were seeing and I told her we definitely wanted to know the sex of our child. Now that I have seen a boy sonogram it is quite easy to tell.

Owen's mom and sister made pink cupcakes and blue cupcakes over the weekend so we could have a celebration dessert after the big reveal. We went to their house yesterday for Owen's birthday dinner (his birthday is Wednesday). When we got there Abby ran to hide the cupcakes. They were going to be a surprise for us. An hour or so later we noticed Ralphie was not in our sight. So we called for him and Owen found him in the dining room. Ralphie ran as fast as he could with his head down and lock jaw. We knew he had something. Abby opened his mouth and he had a whole blue cupcake in his mouth. Also he had bitten another cupcake (blue) before taking a whole one for himself. So we all said that Ralphie was predicting a baby brother for himself and sure enough Ralphie was right. He is now 100% accurate on predicting babies.

Another prediction that came true was the needle and tread prediction test my co-worker did. On my mother's side of the family they took a poll and it was 100% boy for Owen and me. Well they were correct as well. It is fun to be able to get family and friends involved in the pregnancy.

Here are some pictures of our baby boy Andrew.






No comments:

Pageviews last month