Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Broken Arm






This summer the boys went to Jump In Gymnastic for their day camps. We have done for this several summers and holidays. It is a well run camp and works great with my work schedule. This particular camp day I received a call that Andrew fell and that he was OK, but wanted me to get him. I knew that was strange because Andrew is very tough and doesn't usually need me to comfort him when he falls. He also did not want to go with them to the Updown Trampoline park (his favorite place). I left work immediately (9 am) and went to check on Andrew. He was sitting by himself and immediately starting crying when he saw me. He was holding his arm so close to him that I knew something was wrong. We got his things and left. While we were getting in the car I asked him to pick up a paper bag. Andrew could not pick it up. I knew he had broken something. We drove to see Breanne at her Clinic and she x-rayed the arm. He definitely had a break. So we went to see Robert Dews at Southern Bone and Joint. They x-rayed it too and it was a buckle break of the wrist. Andrew was in a cast for 4 weeks and a brace for a week. Luckily the cast was waterproof so it did not slow down his summer. With the exception of no more jump in gymnastics.

Jump In did send flowers and a stuffed tie dye horse...that Andrew loves!!! They were very sweet about it and understood that we were not coming back. In fact Andrew refuses to go to any birthday parties there. It is still very fresh in his memory.

No comments:

Pageviews last month