Thursday, September 1, 2011

Andrew's Week

We have had a pretty uneventful week but I managed to take a picture and a video of Andrew so I wanted to post them :)

Lately, we have been going outside in the afternoons to let Ralphie out and Andrew plays as well. I bring him a Popsicle to stay "cool" One day this week he decided he was big enough to hold the Popsicle and eat it himself. He is gaining such independence - he will be 21 months on Saturday.

He is also in a phase where he wants to pick out his "outfits". He likes to say the word outfit and will go into his closet to pick out what he wants to wear. Sometimes I trick him by asking him if he wants to wear something with a ball or boat. I know he likes those things and it works. Last night however he wanted to wear monkeys. So a monkey outfit it was :)

Our new house shows Ralphie's hair more than the other one b/c we have darker wood now. I got the swifter sweeper out to pick up as much of the hair as I could. Andrew wanted to take over the job. He is so funny about it and concentrates on his task at hand. He loves having little jobs whether that is throwing something away in the trash, finding his shoes, or whatever it might be - he loves being asked to do something.

We went to Walmart after work on Monday and he now wants me to hand him the item so he can put it in the cart. He did this whole trip. I had to move the bread and banana's to the back of the cart so they wouldn't get smashed. Even the heavy items, Andrew had to have his hand on it while I put it in the buggy. This was fine by me, it entertained him :)



No comments:

Pageviews last month