Wednesday, September 7, 2011

24 Weeks

I am 24 weeks pregnant with Sam.



Things are going well with the pregnancy. I pray for Sam every night that he is healthy and perfect. I have such a fear about this. Even when I wake up to go to the bathroom (which is 2-3 times a night) I pray for his health as I fall back asleep.

My center of gravity is definitely different now and that makes it hard to pick up Andrew. Luckily Andrew does walk more than I carry him, but he is a baby that likes his momma to carry him.

I still eat a lot of chocolate and my new obsession is the Mocha Madness from Tropical Smoothie b/c I can get it in decaf.

Sam moves a lot. Yesterday I felt a real punch. I feel Sam flutters frequently during the day. I think he is going to be strong and active.

Owen came home yesterday with a horror story. He said while he was getting his hair cut the lady told him her first child slept amazingly well from the start and her 2nd never slept. I told him that was a bad story and I didn't like it. I pray I have two good sleepers :)

We have decided to do a nautical theme for his nursery. This theme clicked and I am coming up with a lot of ways to decorate his room. So that is exciting!

My next doctor's appointment is at the end of the month for the glucose test. I hope I do well on this one. I have already noticed the fear of the test is creeping in on my thoughts.

I just can't wait to meet this little guy. I love him so much already. I keep trying to picture what he is going to look like. Will he have Andrew's concerned look when he arrives in the world. Will he be as big as Andrew? I know he will be is own little person but I do wonder if they will look alike. I don't think he will have dark hair b/c neither Owen or I have dark hair but will his have a red tint or be blond? Will he have a lot of hair, will it be curly, or will he be a bald baby? I know I will know these answers soon enough, but it is what I day dream about.

2 comments:

The Campbells said...

You look great! You're glowing! :-) That problem about the sleeping thing is such a fear of mine. I can't imagine having a baby that doesn't sleep. I hope and pray you'll have 2 good sleepers...especially since you'll be dealing with a newborn and 2 year old at the same time!

Amanda said...

I love this post. I love what you are day dreaming about! So, so sweet. And the nautical theme will be SO much fun! But then I have a personal affinity toward anchors ;)

Pageviews last month