Tuesday, September 6, 2011

21 Months Old




Andrew is 21 months old. Hard to believe I am already planning his 2nd birthday party. His vocabulary is expanding by the day. He will attempt any word and does a good job with it. We are starting to have little conversations with him. For example; this was a conversation I had with him last night while we were watching the news. The news said that Federal Employees are in the top 5 of least liked professions - even lower than bankers. Well, Owen thought that was funny b/c he is in the banking business. So Andrew and I had this conversation during the news:

Mom: are you going to be a banker like your dad and mick?
A: No
Mom: are you going to be an engineer like your granddad?
A: No
Mom: are you going to play football for a living?
A: Yea

Andrew loves football - any ball really, but knows what a football is and plays with his football a lot. I love that he has interests at such an early age.

He is starting to argue with me over which pjs he wears at night and what "outfit" he wears to school. Owen and I sometimes have to tag team to get his mind off of a certain thing so he does not obsess over it.

He still LOVES his mommy :) and I couldn't love that more.

He went to the doctor on Friday b/c he acted like he didn't feel well and had a little fever during the day. He ended up having an allergy flair up - luckily no cold or virus. But while we were there, they weighed him and he is 27.4 lbs.

LOVES Ralphie! He thinks about Ralphie all the time. When we turn on our street to come home, he says "Ralphie".

He has a great memory and understands directions. If he is looking for a toy that is in his closet, I tell him that is where it is, and he goes and gets it.

If he wants to go in his room and play but the lights are off, he comes to me and says "lights" so I know to go turn them on for him.

This weekend we are putting up the big boy bed. I am anxious and nervous to see how he responds to it. I think he will like the extra space b/c he is getting pretty tall for the baby bed.

He is just so fun and loving.

Ralphie wanted to be in the picture with Andrew so when I tried to actually take a picture of the two of them...this is the response I got!


1 comment:

The Campbells said...

Happy 21 Months, Andrew! Can't wait to finally meet him!!

Pageviews last month