Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Big Day for Andrew - major milestone

Last night I had a meeting so Owen was on parenting duty. When the meeting was over I got out my phone to text Owen so he would know I was on my way home. To my surprise I had a text from Owen that Andrew poo-pooed in the potty. He also sent me a picture - I will spare you the image :)

We bought him a potty two weekends ago b/c Andrew had started telling us before he actually poo-pooed so we thought we needed to have a potty ready so when he tells us we can show him where to go. Last night it worked. He told Owen he had to go, Owen got up and they hurried to the potty. He gave him a book to "read" b/c he didn't know how long this would last. Owen was cheering him on and making him sit until something happened and you know what - something happened! Music started playing - we got the royal potty and it plays royal trumpet sounds, etc...when something hits it.

We still aren't "potty" training per-say but we are celebrating this big accomplishment!!! Go ANDREW GO!!! We are so proud.

2 comments:

Telena said...

Anything with the potty is a HUGE accomplishment! YAY Andrew! I also forgot to comment, but I loved his outfit for game day--although an Alabama shirt might've been nicer (haha jk). He looks so grown up!!!!
Love you!

The Campbells said...

That is awesome!!

Pageviews last month