Monday, June 13, 2011

Andrew is going to be a big brother





I am so happy to write that we are going to have another little one in our family. This will make us a sweet family of four plus our furry doggie son. This pregnancy is a true blessing and one that is already very different than Andrew. With Andrew, I thought we would never have him. Month after month I prayed for a baby and finally with the perfect timing he was brought into our lives. I feel like this baby knew he wanted to be apart of our family immediately and wasted no time to make an appearance and we couldn't be happier. Just like with Andrew we haven't done any early preparing because we like to wait to know if we are having a boy or a girl. I think we will find out in early August if we will have a son or daughter. Then the planning will begin. :)

We told our families on Mother's Day weekend. I made sure my mom would come visit us (my dad had to work that weekend) and Owen's mom had us over for Mother's Day lunch (actually on Saturday, not on Sunday). Owen's sister surprised her mom and came into town as well that weekend. When we got there Andrew was wearing an outfit he wore to a birthday party. Then we changed him into his big brother shirt. He walked out into the kitchen for the grandmoms to see him. Grandy (Owen's mom) got it immediately and my mom read it but thought it was a shirt we got from Andrew's cousins. It was a fun, memorable moment when both grandmoms figured out that we were going to have another baby. I cried...because I am emotional all the time. It was such a happy moment.

Since then we have kept our news a secret. We had our 3rd doctor's visit last Monday (6/6/11) and all was well so we started telling people last week. Telling people is fun because it has been a hard secret to keep. This baby will be born sometime around Christmas, so I am 11-12 weeks pregnant.

I am feeling good. I am getting bigger faster, which is a little upsetting, but I think some of it has to be with my metabolism slowing down just from being older. I am constantly hungry so I am eating more and gaining weight. Not too much fun. I am going to the gym at least 3 times a week during lunch. I don't know...I hope I am doing something good by going.

Again, we are excited to share our news now and can't wait to write about what the future holds for us as our family grows from three to four!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yaaaayyyy! Andrew is going to be such a great big brother! Life is so, so, so good!

Telena said...

So exciting! So sweet how you told the Grandmothers! I'm sure this pregnancy will go by faster since you have a busy toddler on your hands. :) Hope you continue to feel well! Love you!

Southern Girl and family said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you!!

Claire said...

YAY! So excited for all of you! Andrew will be such a great big brother!

Pageviews last month