Wednesday, June 8, 2011

18 Months Old

Someone turned a year and a half last Friday. As always, I am a little taken a back that my baby boy is now 18 months old. How and when did this happen are questions I frequently ask myself. Good news is, Andrew is healthy, happy and learning new things daily. I could not be more impressed with him.

We had his 18 month doctor visit on Friday and Andrew now realizes that shots hurt and to start screaming the minute the nurse walks in the room. On the way to the doctor he was actually saying "doctor" in a chant. I thought this could go well...but not so much. He started crying when I put him on the standing scale to get weighed in. He was skeptical of the visit from that point on.

Andrew is 27 lbs.
He is 32 5/8 inches tall.
His head circumference is 19 1/4 inches.

All of his statistics are in the 60-70 percentile.

Some fun things about Andrew this month:
* He is walking up and down stairs easier - I can tell his legs are getting longer.
* His vocabulary is increasing. He is not afraid to try new sounds and will sometimes sing along to a song.
* He babbles a lot and tells us the most fascinating stories - too bad we don't understand the babble language.
* He is still a MOMMY's boy - yes, MOMMY is in caps b/c I want to remember how much he needs me around him 100% of the day. Poor daddy gets tears and screams for momma when he interacts with Andrew on simple tasks like eating, bed time, getting dressed, etc...Andrew prefers I do all of that. Which I do love and adore...but I know Daddy wants to help as well.

Here are a couple of stories I want to remember:
* Last Sunday we went to Sonic to get a milk shake treat. When we pulled up to order, I asked Andrew if he wanted strawberry or chocolate. He said banana. I said, you want a banana milk shake. He said yea, yea. So a banana milk shake he got and he drank all of it. I could not believe I just had a conversation with my son about a milk shake.
* Monday morning when we pulled up to day care. He wanted to walk (I always carry him in). So he held my hand and we walked into the school. Then he let go of my hand and went straight to his classroom. Again, I could not believe my baby knew exactly where to go and that he wanted go on his own.
* We are taking swimming lessons this week. Really it is a survival course. Andrew's favorite part is jumping off the side of the pool. I think he would do that for hours if I let him.

Here is a video of him practicing with his spoon. This morning he ate cheerios with a spoon and did really well.

1 comment:

The Campbells said...

Happy 18 Months, Andrew!!

Pageviews last month