Friday, April 29, 2011

First Lady and Play Time

Yesterday was a good day. A day I will always remember. A day I have no pictures to show my kids or grandkids...but I have the story!

Yesterday some friends of mine, my mother in law, and I went to lunch with First Lady Laura Bush. She did not sit at our table and there were 500 other ladies there eating lunch with her too...but those are small details. I had lunch with Laura Bush and she spoke to us for 30 minutes. It was amazing, insightful, and American. My mother in law and I left feeling so good about ourselves. We wanted to say inspired but that didn't really capture the feeling. It was just a warm feeling of happiness. Laura Bush is classy, funny and a great speaker.

I did not take any pictures b/c there were police officers and secret service people all around us. I didn't want my good day ruined by me being carried way for taking a cell phone picture. I opted to be classy myself and just lock away the memory in my mind forever.

While I was out being a lady who lunched (hehehe) my sweet son was having a good day too. Here are some pictures his teacher took yesterday during playtime.









Yes, it was a very good day.

1 comment:

The Campbells said...

That's awesome! What a cool experience and wonderful memory!

Pageviews last month