Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Linky Party - If we were neighbors

If we were neighbors you would know that I write a blog and that it is set to private b/c that is a compromise I made with my husband. I see his point of view so I don't argue about it. So this linky party is for my close friends :)

If we were neighbors we would have an afternoon play date with our children. You would come over to my house because I want to show you my new china cabinet. I have been talking about this for a while now with you so I am happy you can come over and look at it. Owen and I searched for a year or so for it. We looked in New Orleans, Atlanta, Hattiesburg and ended up finding the perfect piece in Mobile, AL. It is an antique from France and it is around 100 years old. However we found a label in the buffet written in German. We are fascinated by this...



While we continued to chat about life our babies would be running circles around us. We would take pictures of their budding friendship and laugh at the stories we will tell when they are older. If they are doing something really cute and we take a picture of it, we would say that this picture will go in their senior slide show (b/c our babies will be in the same class at the same school - this has already been confirmed).

We also talk about looking for new houses and wanting to be in a place that we will be in forever. But then we would talk ourselves back into reality and tell ourselves that we are in our thirties and that most people don't have their dream home in their thirties - that it is a work in progress. Then I would tell you that I seem to always want but don't take the time to appreciate what I do have. And in the same breath I would tell you that I was reminded for the umpteenth time this past Sunday about letting God control my life and not me! The Gospel this past Sunday was about putting your stock, energy and love into God's Kingdom and not material things. This message had perfect timing. I get so wrapped up in life that I forget there is a bigger meaning to it all. Not only was the Gospel a perfect message but when I got in the car after church there was a song on the radio titled "In God's time"...So once again I am letting go and letting God!

After that deep conversation I offer you something to drink. We aren't drinking coffee b/c it is late in the day so we drink water instead. Our attention goes to the babies b/c they are hugging each other too tightly and tip over. We pick our own child up and comfort them from the fall. Once the babies are happy we talk about them. We wonder how they will be at being a big brother or big sister...b/c our mind again goes into the future.

We laugh with each other and we really talk to each other. These are moments that friendship books are written about. We feel lucky to have each other as neighbors. And as we are patting ourselves on the back Andrew is hungry for dinner and our play date is over...until the next week.

This blog post idea came from my college friend McCall...you can join her linky party at



Love, Erin

4 comments:

leemeandthegirls said...

I LOVE your new china cabinet!

The Campbells said...

Love it! Wish I was the neighbor admiring your awesome new china cabinet in person!

Unknown said...

I wish we were neighbors!

And I LOVE your china cabinet. It's perfect!

Also, thanks for the reminder about be satisfied. I struggle a lot with that. Wanting more, etc.

Southern Girl and family said...

Love your post!! :) PS. Your china cabinet is beautiful!!

Pageviews last month