Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy (late) Thanksgiving!!

We had such a great weekend. My parents came into town on Wednesday and we enjoyed Thanksgiving lunch with my in-laws. My mother in law is a great cook and she always has a fantastic meal planned. In fact for Thanksgiving it is the same meal. Luckily it is all my favorites. After dinner and visiting for a while Owen, my parents and I left to see the movie the Blind Side. Unfortunately it was sold out so we went home. They watched a tv movie and I feel asleep. Lately, 8:00 is my new bed time.

I didn't have anything planned for Friday but we found ourselves very busy. We woke up pretty early and ate breakfast and then we decorated our house for Christmas. My parents helped and it made decorating so much more fun and bearable. I say bearable b/c my energy level is pretty low so having extra hands was nice. I forgot to take a picture but will do that tonight to post. We got a fake tree this year and it looks really good. After we decorated we made a trip to Sam's for my parents. They don't have a Sam's in Selma so she likes to go to ours when she is in town. After Sam's we went out to lunch and then made it back to watch the Iron Bowl. The 4 of us did not care who won the Alabama/Auburn game but it was a fun game to watch. By the time it was over we headed over to the Munton's for Italian Night. Mrs. Munton has coined the Friday after Thanksgiving Italian night. We have all been in to Italy so it is a fun night to remember our trips and eat really good Italian food. This year my parents contributed with making cappuccino's. My dad makes a great coffee!!! Before we knew it was 10:00 and time for bed!

My parents left bright and early (actually I think it was still dark) at 4:45 am to head to Starkville for the Egg Bowl. What a great game!!! They had a blast and Owen and I enjoyed watching it on TV. After the game we met up with Owen's family to see the Blind Side! It was amazing. I cried for the 1st hour of the movie. I love a feel good movie.

All in all this past weekend was filled with family visits and good food. I couldn't ask for a better Thanksgiving. I am thankful for so many things...here is my top 10 things to be thankful for this year.

10. I am thankful I have a job that is flexible and enjoyable
9. I am thankful my parents are able to visit me and do so frequently
8. I am thankful for my precious puppy dog who is getting better and better every day.
7. I am thankful for my friends who are there for me when I need to talk, vent, and to celebrate with.
6. I am thankful for being an American. I really am...even though I am nervous for our country in many aspects...I am always thankful for my freedom and for being born in the USA.
5. I am thankful for my brother. I am thankful he is my brother but also thankful he has listened to his calling and is serving our Lord, Jesus Christ.
4. I am thankful I have had a non stressful pregnancy this year.
3. I am thankful I am having a baby this year and will be a mom to Andrew Munton
2. I am thankful for being able to be myself and for having a family (immediate and extended) who love me and help make my life a better place.
1. I am thankful for a husband who I can depend on, love, and appreciate on a daily basis.

Again, hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Pageviews last month