Monday, November 23, 2009

Life

Well...life as I know it is well...not comfortable. I can't believe we have 2 weeks before Andrew's arrival. I don't know how I am going to make it. Current symptoms these days are swollen ankles (actually I am just swollen) and it is so hard to walk. He has officially dropped so I have the pain associated with that. Good news is my body is progressing the way it is supposed to so hopefully I will be able to deliver in a non complicated way.

Other things going on in Munton Family are:

1. Owen's special day was yesterday! Yippee!!! I am so glad he gets into the special day spirit. I woke up and made him blueberry muffins (out of box...so nothing too strenuous). I went to church and he went to work. After church I picked him up from work and we went out to eat at Qudoba's. New mexican grill in Hattiesburg. It was very good. Owen loves Mexican grills...so this fit into the special day celebration. After lunch we went and got a fake Christmas Tree. We got a great deal on it so we were both happy about that purchase. Then off we went to buy a new TV!!!

2. Buying the new TV...Owen has wanted to get a new TV since the official switch to digital cable. Our old TV had HD channels but when we would watch the shows in HD it would shrink the size of the program. This became annoying. After much debate and looking at TV's we decided that yesterday would be the day we would purchase a new one. We found one at Sam's that seemed to fit our personality. Our personality you ask...yes we found a TV for people who only watch cable and on demand movies. We have discovered through this TV purchase that Owen and I really don't care about being on the cutting edge of technology. We don't play video games and we don't have the budget for the new "thing" in the TV world. So we bought our new 40" LCD TV and love it!!! Happy Special Day OWEN!

3. Back to our fake Christmas Tree purchase. I decided that with an infant in the house we needed to go the fake tree route this year. I had to promise to keep the tree for 3 years. I agreed to this since Andrew will be too little to understand how fun getting a real tree can be. By the time he is old enough to take to the Christmas tree farm...my 3 years will be up :) I am excited about our new tree because we are going to put it up tonight. YES before Thanksgiving. I can't believe it myself. I just want to get everything ready so I can enjoy my new baby and the holidays. I have finished my shopping with the exception of getting my father-in-law a gift. We have no idea what to get him.

Other than those three exciting things our life has been a waiting game for Andrew. I know my due date is not until Dec 9th, but my OB thinks he may be a week early. I know I don't know what I am talking about, but I also think he will come early. I am so anxious about it all. I know people say to enjoy these last few weeks...but I am very miserable with being uncomfortable. I hate to complain but my energy level is low and I want my body back. I know it won't be the same body...but I just want to regain a center of gravity...

I hope you all have wonderful Thanksgivings!!!

Love Erin

4 comments:

The Hookers said...

I can relate to your feelings very much. HK was 10 days late and I was starting to give up hope! And couldn't get comfortable in any position for long. I think it gets you ready for labor. It gives you the mind frame of "I don't care what has to happen- or how it feels- I just want my body back!" Compared to being uncomfortable for weeks, labor happens and is over and you get to meet Andrew!Good luck and keep up posted!

Telena said...

It sounds like you are well on your way to delivering on time or before! That is so exciting and you are so lucky. Reese was 11 days late but my body was nowhere near ready. It's true...everyone is different, so is every pregnancy, baby, etc. :) You are in my thoughts and prayers as you get ready to embark on this indescribable journey of motherhood! Rest as much as you can, I know it's hard!
Love you!

The Campbells said...

I go to the dr tomorrow and am anxious to see what she says. Not feeling like I'll be going early. Sorry that you're swollen! I'm only a little puffy in my hands and feet sometimes. But I am ready to be able to bend over and get up off the floor easily! Went to see a movie Friday afternoon and Caroline kicked me almost the entire 2 hours (rare, since she's usually pretty mellow--guess she's a Twilight fan!), and I was having Braxton Hicks almost the entire time. Not such a fun way to enjoy a movie! When do you have your ultrasound? Can't wait to see how big he's getting!

Shannon said...

Enjoy your last few hours/days/weeks of pregnacy! Hopefully he'll come very soon. The end is pretty rough. I didn't think I'd survive it and all three of mine were born at least a couple of weeks early! Even though you are uncomfortable now, you will look back and know you'd do it again in a heart beat. And, what a wonderful time of year welcome a new baby. :) I'll be checking the blog and facebook to see when little Andrew arrives!

Pageviews last month