Friday, October 9, 2009

Never a dull moment

Last night seemed like it would go just like any other with the exception of good tv shows to watch. However, it took a different turn for Owen and me (and Ralphie). Owen decided that we had just enough time to cut Ralphie's toe nails. They were long so off we went torturing our poor puppy for the safety of our house. Ralphie hates getting his nails clipped, but I am assuming most dogs do not like it. I had Ralphie face and scratched his head while Owen clipped away. On the 3rd or 4th clip, Owen realized he cut Ralphie's nail too short. I saw a little blood, but didn't think too much of it. Since this is my first dog I didn't realize the situation of cutting a nail too short. Our poor puppy bled everywhere. He was a good patient about it all and I think we confused him more with running around trying to clean the kitchen than the pain. His poor nail would not stop bleeding. We had to put him his kennel just to clean up the kitchen without him walking around making more of a mess. After what seemed like forever...we finally decided to bandage his foot. I have to say he really was a good patient. When he is hurt, he will let us do anything to him. I had to take a picture of Ralphie's bandage. We went through 3 socks before the bleeding would stop. Ralphie even slept with his bandage on. I just knew he would chew right through it.

Another milestone happened last night. We put Ralphie in our bathroom and put his kennel mattress in there also. He slept all night on the mattress (bed). I didn't think he would do that. He likes to wonder around at night. But with my many trips to the bathroom I was able check up on him and each time we was on his bed. Maybe he is ready for a bed in our room???





Again, never a dull moment. We kept the bandage on him for the day as well. We took it off this morning for his walk and I think he stubbed it b/c it started to bleed a little more. Not much, but enough for us to be overly protective.

No comments:

Pageviews last month