Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Long weeks, short weekend

Happy Hump Day!

I am glad it is Wednesday, but this week feels like it is moving at a snails pace. I am going to Starkville this weekend for the LSU/MSU game. I am going solo as well. Owen is going to hold down the fort and take care of Ralphie and the house while I am gone. It is a 11:15 am game, so I will only be gone Friday night and get home Saturday around 7 or 8. I am looking forward to tailgating with my family. I think this is the last game I will go to this season. I am getting a little too big to sit in a stadium for 4 hours. I am probably too big now, but wanted to give the season one more game before I called it quits on traveling.

I am going to buy baby hangers tonight after work and start washing Andrew's clothes so I can see what he owns and what he needs before he is born. I feel like there is so much to do, but then I feel like we have done so much as well. My mom gave us a sweet painted picture of a momma lamb and baby lamb that I got framed yesterday. We hung it up last night in his room. It is such a sweet picture. His room is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see the bedding. That should be here soon.

I think it is time for me to start counting Andrew's kicks. I haven't stared yet, because honestly I keep forgetting. Luckily he is an active baby so I feel him frequently during the day.

We have 10-11 weeks to go before 40 weeks, but I keep thinking...what if he comes early? Are we ready for him to come early? For some reason 36 weeks keeps sticking out in my mind and that is only 7 weeks away (single digit). I am full of many emotions...mostly excited. I am nervous about being a good mom. I am sure everyone is like that. I am nervous about knowing what to do and when to do it. I am told that my intuition will kick in...and to listen to my inner voice. I will do that...but again I just worry. I worry about having to go back to work. I have a feeling 2 months will go by so quickly. Will I have Andrew on a schedule in 2 months? How will I function on little to no sleep and be able to go to work? I do know things will work out, but I also know my personality and that little things really get to me when I am sleepy. I just hope I manage well and that Owen, Andrew, Ralphie, and I are all taken care of and happy during this time of transition. Luckily, I still have 2 months to get mentally prepared.

No comments:

Pageviews last month