Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sam's ER trip

When we got home from Aha and Mick's on Father's Day - the boys were playing in the kitchen and I was vacuuming. Sam loves to get on our bench in the kitchen. He had been doing really well at sitting on it and playing like a big boy. But Sunday he decided to climb off of it from the arm of the bench. Owen was watching him and told him to sit on his bottom but Sam did not listen and did a swan dive off the bench onto our brick floors. I heard Owen make an awful noise and went running to the kitchen. Owen was holding Sam and I could see the bump on Sam's head getting bigger. I held him tight and Sam eyes were rolling back and he was loopy. We called on the pediatric on call number and they told us to take him the ER immediately. Which we did. Owen's parents came over to watch Andrew for us. I texted my friend Laura whose husband is an ER doctor and who grew up with Owen. I wanted to see if he was working and thankfully he was. So we knew a friendly face would be there. Sam threw up in the car which scared us even more. He kept trying to fall asleep as well. It was the scariest moment and drive of my life. They did a CT of his head to see if he cracked his skull or if there was any unusual fluid. Another blessing is I work for the radiologists so Dr. Molpus came in to tell us it was fine. Sam was fine. And he was thank God. Sam was back to his self with in 2 hours. They said he could go to sleep and just give him Tylenol for the pain.

waiting in the ER

The next day. His eye is black and swollen
I kept him home on Monday. He also had pink eye but I wanted to make sure he took it easy and did not play too hard. We took naps and met dad for lunch. And did our grocery shopping for the week. He did not sleep good on Monday night. I think because he rolls over and touches his bump which is sore. :(

What it looked like on Monday.

Monday, June 17, 2013
The bump is better on his head but he has a dark purple black eye. I assume the eye will look worse before better. It was the scariest day of our life but am so thankful he is ok. He has not tried to get on the bench since. I am happy about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is sooo scary! I'm so glad he's okay! Poor baby! :(

The Campbells said...

Oh, how scary!!!!!! Glad he's ok! I know you must have been a nervous wreck. ER visits are NOT fun! Praying he's feeling better!

Pageviews last month