Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"I did it, I can't believe I did it"

Andrew earned his big potty prize!! He has pooped in the potty for 4 straight times and earned his MSU helmet and uniform. The first time he pooped he said in the most excited voice "I did it, I can't believe I did it". He is so proud of himself. Owen and I are also over joyed. We have been on the #2 in the potty mission for quite some time. I think we started too early. Going #1 was pretty easy for Andrew. But #2 was a challenge. Andrew is so strong willed. He is the best negotiator too! We have had the MSU uniform set for 6 months or more and he said he didn't want it (after it was something he told us he wanted badly). He wasn't interested in it anymore. But now that he has mastered the potty chart - the uniform set was once again a desirable item.

When Andrew pooped in the potty on Sunday night he asked his daddy if he could go to the toy store. Owen said sure after school on Monday. When I picked up the boys yesterday the FIRST thing out of Andrew's mouth was if we were going to the toy store. I think he thought about it all day.

He was so excited - this is a funny face

Another funny face
We went to toys r us and Andrew walked around the store on a mission. He looked at everything and decided on hot wheels. It was at the front of the store and he came right back to them. The boy loves cars. I even made us walk around one more time to make sure that is what he wanted. He was so happy. I love seeing him that happy. He said he was NOT going to share with Sam but when we got home and Sam threw a fit for one - Andrew did share. There were 5 cars in the set. He is a great big brother.

Today he got his final potty prize for going this morning on his own without help. Here he is in his uniform.

First time wearing the helmet

The first moment he got to wear his prize

In front of his potty chart

Mom trying for a better picture

He wanted to wear the jersey to school but it had shoulder pads so he wore this jersey to school as a replacement.






On the way to school he told me he wanted to be a football player when he grows up. I said that would be great. He said "I am going to play for Mississippi State". He wants to run on the field and have people watch him. And then he asked if Owen and I would be there. I said, of course. I will be on the front row. Then Andrew asked if I would have a cow bell. Of course, I said.

He melts our hearts. Maybe one day he will be on the field. I am thinking the kicker would be a good position :)

We are SO PROUD of him! This is a big day/week for Andrew.

No comments:

Pageviews last month