Thursday, January 24, 2013

Christmas in January

I struggled a little when trying to decide what to get Owen for Christmas. I thought about several things but decided we needed to make a memory. I called my mom and asked if they would watch the boys one weekend for us and once she agreed I bought Owen and I tickets to a NBA game in New Orleans. We had the best 24 hours. We left for New Orleans last Saturday in the morning and arrived just in time for lunch. After lunch we walked around the French Quarter. Stopped in Hotel Monteleon for a drink - where we saw Sylvester Stallone!! Then we headed back to the hotel. We rested a little and then went to dinner in Uptown New Orleans at Vincents. It was highly recommended by my New Orleans friends here in Hattiesburg and they did not lead astray. It was wonderful!! Definitely a place to go back to. After dinner we headed the arena to watch the New Orleans Hornets play the Golden State Warriors.

We were 10 rows up - and as my Dad said great seats to see ball handling!

Enjoying our date day

We came home to happy boys. We got them Hornets beanie ballz :) Our kids love a stuffed animal. In fact they have both slept with this ball since they got them.



We are very thankful for Grandmom and Granddad who came to babysit so Owen and I could enjoy a date day. Merry Christmas Owen!!


Pageviews last month