Friday, April 20, 2012

Sam's bed time routine

Sam has adapted so well to being in our family. Thank goodness the little man likes to sleep. He gets tired around 5:30 or 6:00 pm and I try hard to get him to bed at the time, but with Owen and Andrew's schedule Sam usually gets to go to bed between 6:30 ad 7:00 pm. He nurses while I rock him. I sing a couple of songs and then when he is full we keep rocking. He is my baby who enjoys a pacifier so I give that to him and watch as his eyes close and his breathing gets deep. I still swaddle him but only with one arm in the blanket. I then wake him up to nurse between 9:30 and 10 pm. After that he usually sleeps until 5 or 5:30. That has somewhat changed a little this week with him waking up earlier and needing to nurse one more time before he officially wakes up. I have been putting him back in his crib after I nurse him in the mornings so I can get Andrew up and fed. Owen is usually taking a shower at this point so when he is finished I can then go get Sam up. I am very blessed that this little routine has been working for a month or so. I like it and hope it continues.

No comments:

Pageviews last month