Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beach Fun

We went to the beach this past weekend for the Memorial Day Holiday. We had a fun time of relaxing and enjoying Andrew. We took him swimming in the pool at the Munton's condo. He played in the sand. He ate the sand...and in my desperate "please don't eat the sand" voice, I made Andrew cry. That was the first time he got upset with me. Probably won't be the last, but it broke my heart. I scared him and didn't mean to. We then walked up and down the beach to take his mind off it. The Munton's threw me a family birthday party which consisted of my favorite meal and birthday cake. One night Owen and I went out with some friends from Hattiesburg for dinner. Sunday was a rainy day so we stayed inside most of the time inside. However there was a brief moment of sun and Andrew napping so Owen and I got lathered up in sunscreen and headed to the beach while Grandy listened for Andrew in the monitor. The people next door to the Munton's condo is rented out by 4 navy pilots. They were getting in the elevator the same time we were. The moment the door shut and we hit the ground floor button the elevator started bouncing and we weren't moving. That is right...we were stuck in the elevator!! I was stuck in the elevator with 1 man (Owen) and 6 boys (twenty something year olds) for THIRTY MINUTES!!! They definitely gave new meaning to "talking like a sailor" - HA!! :) After 30 minutes the condo repair man came and rescued us. Luckily Andrew was still sleeping so we were able to enjoy a few minutes of beach time.

Andrew is a great travel baby, but I was exhausted when we got home. Even though he travels well it is still hard not to be in your own house.

We go to the doctor tomorrow for his 6 month well baby check up. I am interested to see how much he weighs and to make sure everything is on track for a healthy Andrew. I am much more ready to start veggies, juice, and everything else that a big boy needs for nutrients. I am no longer avoiding the fact that Andrew isn't a newborn infant anymore but a baby boy growing up.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.


Me and Andrew


"Hi, I am new here"...shirt Grandy got for Andrew to wear to the annual Condo Memorial Day party


My "All American Boy"


I want to say "My Little Sailor", but after my encounters with the Navy boys...I think I will say "My little fish" :)

1 comment:

The Campbells said...

Your elevator story made me laugh! Hope it wasn't a tiny elevator! Glad y'all had a nice trip to the beach. And Andrew's onesie is really cute! Happy 6 months and 1 day to Andrew! Do you have plans on Sat? Want to plan a phone date?

Pageviews last month