Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Day of Day Care

Andrew, Owen and I have survived the first day of day care. I was able to pick him up early on Monday. His teachers said he was very "chill". They said they were anxious to see what kind of baby he would be and were very happy to report that Andrew was a great baby. They said he was calm and had a great first day. His daily report said he was all smiles. He is the youngest in the class, so the teachers love to hold him.

I found out today that my boss said I could leave at 4 pm every day. This is such wonderful news. Now I have an extra hour to get him and get things organized for the next day. The afternoons were really running away from me and I could sense myself getting very stressed out. I like things to be organized and complete before we go to sleep so the mornings aren't too hectic. As much as I want to be a stay at home mom, I am very lucky to have a job that is flexible and understanding of family life. The physicians I work for have been so sweet and have really shown me that they missed me and are glad to have me back. There is a silver lining in this transition and that is I don't have a high stressful job and we are lucky to have the ability to send Andrew to a loving and caring day care.



Daddy getting Andrew ready to go on his first day


Ready, Set, and Going to Day Care

2 comments:

The Campbells said...

So glad Andrew is doing well at day care, and that is awesome that you'll be able to leave early every day! What a blessing to have such understanding bosses!

Emily said...

Hey Erin! If you don't mind me asking because I am planning way ahead for Baby Holmes next year, but where does Andrew go to daycare? I am going to have to work so we will need to find a place for baby as well. Andrew is precious!!!

Pageviews last month